Monday, May 12, 2014

Mad Dog Citizen


More of my genuine but useless rage. I returned from the local Starbucks with a big chip on my shoulder. What's bothering me is greedy economics. I've found these this in all politics. Not just the American variety  but let's center on them.  I've also lost confidence in the original fathers of our system. Being right off the farm, everything has to be reduced to it's simplest form  if  I am to understand it. If you are a Democrat you may replace "simplest"with "stupid". I've a thick hide and several questions regarding our American economy. 

The Federal Government was designed to handle matters important to each and all states and beyond the ability to handle at the state level. What happened to this concept? 
  • I guess it means that, despite America's inability to become economically viable any time soon, you and I have to pay a subsidy (taken from taxes I pay) to my neighbor so that he can put solar electric power at his home. Why? No one asked me! What happened to supply and demand?
  • During the years of the Eisenhower presidency the Agriculture Secretary decided to pay farmers  subsidies (again, taken from taxes I pay) to control which crops a farmer could plant and could not plant. Farmers got rich on land they did not plant? Does that make sense? Half the world is starving - and we pay farmers not to farm?
  • Next fly in the ointment. Artists (and art itself) are dubious money makers. In the days of cathedral building, powerful Royal Houses, and the wealthy elite, spent huge on the arts. It was normal, but the age passed and it wasn't long before the Federal Government decided that grants and subsidies would assure that we all supported the arts. What kind of art? Who decides? Did I have a vote on this? Who did?
  •  In all of history talented artists have had voluntary patrons, donations, other sponsors to support their work. Now, art and artists have become compensated by our tax paying citizens. Even "Mapplethorpe's display of Jesus on a penis standing in urine".  I object to paying for this! Okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment